Sunday 20 December 2015

FLAG-OFF POST: Everything Has Its Beginning.

FIRST MUD BATH: you just see the horse, wait till you see the rider.

Greetings,

Allow me to share my humble journeys in adventure touring rides.

Yes, everything has its beginning, even like this post in this blog. This is the starting, the beginning of the adventure stories that I've started and will be shared with you from time to time. I promise I will post something worth for your readings. Some cool stories on my great journeys with a little dash of good thought, values and information. Something related closely to an adventure touring rides. I will do my best.

And the photo on the above, tells all about the beginning. At least I knew which photo I began this 'career' with, and in my next coming posts, it just a jumble up rides and convoys I had along the way, along the memory lane.

It all began quite long ago actually, but on that one particular lovely day in October 2014, an adventure-spirit has told me to suit-up and ride to an unknown nearby location. That's what has triggered me to be an adventure rider. I rode my trusted Kawasaki Versys 650 to a nearby wilderness full with bushes and somehow found my way to a construction site. Like they always says, the rest is history...

My noble-steed and I enjoying the rest of that evening. Covered half of ourselves with mud.

A few days later, we came back to continue the training. Taste of an adventure. I rode slowly while picking up some lessons and methods that I watched from Youtube. So well prepared! Hehehe. Photos below are our came-back, second session of self-training to adventure riding.

SECOND SESSION: who says we can't do adventure riding in those tires?!

WELL PREPARED: I brought water and sandwiches in that bag!

I’ve received many feedbacks after that and told me that my horse isn’t equipped with proper horse-shoes (knobby tires or off-road capable tires). I agreed. I’m still using highway touring tires that time. But hey, I did start to adventure riding. It’s a lesson you won’t get when you have that adventure-ready type of bike. That wobbly ride on mud and potholes, a few fell-off then picked up the bike again and continues, was my own choice of lesson to be experienced. That is a real taste of a newbie adventure riding.

There’s lots of reason why do I venturing into this riding category. I will tell you, but not now.

As much as I do love adventure touring rides, I do love to share it with you. For all your time spared for reading or giving feedback on my post, I appreciate it very much.

Stay tuned and ride safe. Till next time.

--
KHAI The Adventure Rider
Instagram: @khai_advrider
Facebook: khai advrider
Email: khai.advrider@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.